The DigiPals arose from an identified need for teachers to enhance their practice in the use of digital media, it was envisaged that this would:
- Enhance the student experience and develop their digital skills;
- Develop the confidence and expertise of teachers, trainers and assessors to design effective technology enabled learning opportunities;
- Support teachers, trainers and assessors to work collaboratively with technical teams to deliver effective online learning;
The DigiPals act as change agents within the organisation to evoke a culture shift by working collaboratively with staff and students.
Whilst this alone can have a measurable impact on the outcomes for learners working collaboratively with partner institutions can amplify this effect. As such the DigiPals have also fostered a vision to develop outside links developing communities of practice where like minded groups can meet and drive forwards this change agenda.
To date the DigiPals have:
- Developed IT and TEL strategies with trainee teachers;
- Worked with more experienced colleagues via tailored CPD opportunities to implement TEL strategies in the classroom;
- Produced how to guides in a range of formats;
- Produced a series of ‘DigiKnow’ newsletters;
- Produced videos to increasing student engagement with TEL;
- Promoted the use of social media as a means increasing student engagement and enhancement.