Education & Training Foundation
The Education and Training Foundation is owned by the FE and training sector. On behalf of the whole sector, three Founder Members appoint the majority of our board. The Founder members are the Association of Colleges (AoC), the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP), and the Association of Adult Education and Training Organisations (AAETO), operating through the Holex and LEAFEA networks.
To work with teachers, trainers, leaders and employers to help them deliver excellent further and vocational education and training.
We work with teachers, leaders and businesses to help them deliver excellent Further and Vocational education and training.
We support and enhance the quality, professionalism and efficiency of the education and training system. We champion the professional standards for the sector and help leaders and practitioners to achieve consistently excellent outcomes for learners and employers. We build the capacity for evidence-based education and innovation, including through practitioner-led research.
We use evidence and expertise to commission and deliver programmes of support and improvement with and for professionals working all across Further and Vocational education and training.
We work at a national level with key partners and Government to ensure we can effect powerful change at a local level across the sector.
We have four main areas of work:
- Professional Standards and Workforce Development;
- Vocational Education and Training;
- Leadership, Management and Governance;
- Research and Innovation.
- Boosting our national capacity to teach Maths and English excellently post-16;
- Supporting leaders across the system at all levels, with a distinct focus on the area review process, helping them successfully lead change through the challenges ahead;
- Developing a top quality Vocational Education and Training (VET) system which meets the needs of industry and supports rapid growth in apprenticeships;
- Supporting practitioners with our individual professional membership service, the Society for Education and Training;
- Expand the reach and exploit the potential of skills competitions.